Friday 29 April 2011

Today's The Day

Well, Today was of course the Royal Wedding. Leading up to this, I gave the usual 'I won't be watching that shit,' as most did. But I did- as most probably did. I must admit, I quite enjoyed it. It really is a unique occasion that is different from anything else anywhere in the world. It appeared that the rest of the world were more excited about it than us; probably because of the whole normal girl becomes princess thing.

The amount of people present was unbelievable and I'm sure it was a great atmosphere. However, does the Queen ever genuinely smile? It's like she's mocking everyone as she 'waves', thinking 'One can't wait for these commoners to piss off!' Enough of that old sponge anyway.

I like Kate. I don't know why but I get the same (although probably not as strong) feeling as when I think of Diana. She seems a genuine down to earth girl. Whether she'll stay that way we're yet to see. Whether she'll turn into a strong female figure who is admired globally is another question as yet unanswered. All in all, an enjoyable day. It seems we are entering a new era regarding the Royal Family- a new, fresher perception seems to be molding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments...