Thursday 3 March 2011

Twitter Tuesday - #worldbookday

Thursday is World Book Day- the day everyone has to read a book or they die. Or did I just make that up? Whatever the consequences, I encourage everyone to give reading a go. To help you choose a book, I've listed my top 3 books:

1. Dracula
2. Frankenstein
3. Salem's Lot

Yes, all three are horror books and therefore there's a huge chance that list did absolutely nothing to get your reading juices going. If you are a horror fan, or even a lover of Victorian novels, however, the top 2 books especially are just brilliant. I picked Dracula up for about £2 in a mess of a bookshop in town and can honestly say it is the best book I have ever had the pleasure of reading. This started my love of Gothic horror and I managed to read a number of classics around that time, all brilliant. Frankenstein came the closest to taking Dracula's crown but lacked that 'scary horror' factor I crave which so often is the case. Salem's Lot is another honourable mention, written by Stephen King (who else?) and certainly worth a look.

As an avid reader, i am always open to new genres etc., so if you have read a book you feel is worthy of facing Dracula, please recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments...