Thursday 24 February 2011

Twinkle Twinkle...

It was around 10p.m. last night when I seen them. Before that I couldn't tell you the last time. It was a cool, breezy night and I initially started my late night journey in the usual fashion- head down, hands in pockets and coat zipped up, trying to shield out the cutting wind that seems to enter through every gap or hole present. However, tonight wasn't as cold as most nights. Therefore, I relaxed a little, allowed my shoulders to slump and finally diverted my glare from the cracked, mundane pavement flags and into the distance. As I explored the landscape, something caught my eye. A slight twinkle in the upper reaches of my vision. I looked up and seen a beautiful array of stars. Some were brighter than others, some were bigger and some 'twinkled' more frequently than those that sat idle.

City living (as well as the poor weather) rarely allows us these unique, intimate moments and I've always found staring into the wide universe an exhilarating experience. Forget your troubles for a minute and realize what you're looking at and realize that we are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things that any minor troubles we may be experiencing soon seem rather pathetic. Man will always strive to create the most beautiful things in history; The Mona Lisa, The Kiss, The Weeping Woman- none of these compare to Nature's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments...